Truth be told, it was the gorgeous deluxe fireplace that really got you sold on the idea of buying that house by whatever means necessary! Now, with the keys in your hand and your stuff being moved in, you’ve had an in-depth, detailed look at the beautiful fireplace masonry and the cleared-out firebox you’ll enjoy […]
The chimney liner is arguably the most important component of your chimney; this is because it has the tough job of containing flames, smoke, and heat, so your home remains safe. There are 25,000 chimney fires in the US every year; a chimney liner can prevent your house from being part of this scary statistic.
As an owner of a fireplace and chimney, you’ve probably wondered what the 3 levels of chimney inspections entail and whether you need to avail all of them. Here’s a quick guide to help you understand what each one entails: Level 1 Chimney Inspections A Level 1 chimney inspection is the basic maintenance requirement for […]
It’s summertime! The sun is shining, and the birds are singing. And as you sit in your quiet little home, you feel blessed as the cool breeze wafts through the house. But wait a minute! Where’s this cool draft coming from when all the windows are closed? Instead of blaming it on a ghost (our […]
The sun is shining, and the birds are singing. The kids are out of the house, soaking in the beams and living life. You have all the time in the world! Why not use put this time to good use and pay attention to the little things around the house, like your chimney! Once a […]
When was the last time you had your chimney professionally cleaned? If it’s been over 12 months, you need to book a chimney sweeping service today to prevent the following two major risks attached to dirty chimneys.
Chimneys aren’t quite as popular of a feature in modern homes as they used to be, but they’re still a common sight in Connecticut. Many homeowners still prefer to have chimneys, whether it’s for an aesthetic appeal or for practical reasons. Does your house have a good old chimney too? Watch out for these signs […]
There are plenty of advantages of having a chimney in your home like lower energy bills, greater aesthetic appeal and more—but neglected chimneys are quite dangerous. Damaged and neglected chimneys present numerous health and safety risks such as that of fires, combustion and carbon monoxide poisoning that highlights the need to have your chimneys inspected […]